Casting Call July 2016
It seems just yesterday that I ran my last workshop for professional photographers but here I am planning the next (where does the time go?). So I’m on the hunt for suitable children and/or families who would like to model for me on the day.
Here’s a bit about how the workshops run … The Seeing the Light Workshops are aimed at people who want to develop their on location child photography skills. My groups are small, no more than 6 photographers attend and I tend to break them down into smaller groups when we are photographing. I have 3 to 4 sets of models throughout the day with each session lasting no more than 2 hours.
When and Where?
Date: Sunday 17th July 2016
Location: Cowbridge, South Wales (CF71) and the surrounding area.
So what am I looking for and is it for you?
This can include both parents or just one parent if you prefer. Ages of children can be flexible but ideally under the age of 6-8 years old if possible.
I am interested to hear from parent with children of any age from 2 years to 10 years old who are happy and confident in front of the camera. I am also interested in siblings.
The workshop will be running until sunset (roughly) so I am very keen to hear from parents who feel that their children would be happy to be out and about at this time or can engineer it so that a nice late nap makes it happen!
What’s in it for you?
In return for your time you are guaranteed a minimum of 5 images captured by myself in high resolution digital format. I also ask my trainees to forward me any images from the day that they decide to use for their portfolios so you often receive many more than 5.
- Your children must be happy and confident in front of the camera. they should generally have a good temperament, be happy around groups of new people.
- They/you will be photographed outdoors so you must be happy with this.
- There might be a little bit of hanging around as I co-ordinate the shoot so they should be relatively patient if possible.
- You will need to sign a model release form allowing both myself and the trainees the right to use images captured on the day in their portfolios/ website/ social media and any other business purposes.
- I am only looking for a few models and although I’d love to be able to accept everyone this is not possible and final models will be chosen at my discretion.
- Response to my casting calls is always huge so please be patient and I promise to get back to everyone who applies.
To apply for this casting call just click the button below to fill in my online form. If you’d like to chat further or have any questions please don’t hesitate to give me a call on 07852 255766 or email me at firstname.lastname@example.org.